We have carefully curated our 30 favourite ingenious projects under 50 square metres to inspire and delight you.
European and South American customers please click here.
From Melbourne to Madrid, Athens to Amsterdam and Singapore to Sydney, we revisit some of our favourite designs while also sharing new spaces, not yet featured on our channel.
Architectural images, detailed floor plans and an extensive directory make this a rich resource for anyone looking to build, redesign or reimagine their own small space. We go beyond the designs and their creators to explore the historical context, the neighbourhoods and the cultures that shaped their inception.
You’ll discover ideas for creating less waste as we build our homes and expand our cities, ideas for reducing our footprints and living more sustainably, and compelling arguments for how these ends can all be achieved without compromising on comfort of style.
This is our celebration… our love letter to the visionaries and artists of small-footprint design.
For the first time, we introduce five key design principles to help us unpack and learn from their work.
- We explore how designs diversify living spaces to maximise their footprints and adapt to need or mood…
- And how they amplify a sense of space by allowing light and air to flow freely within it.
- We admire the architects and designers who don’t strip away but instead expand structures and add bulk to create greater function and comfort.
- We applaud those who revive the outdated and old to give it new life…
- And we marvel at the architects who innovate with bold features, materials and concepts to not only elevate and distinguish their own design but to challenge the notions of what small footprint living can be.